Meet the Spy Meet the Spy

Surprisingly Well-Made

The animation was better than expected, and the movie in general was fairly fun to watch. While I was glad there was no teenage impersonations of the TF2 voice actors (a common problem with fan-made Meet the Team videos), the lack of original dialogue made it a bit stale in terms of humor and variety.

If you could get some good voice actors somewhere that actually sound like the classes, you could probably make a great movie. Until then, I think you've done quite well for what you had to work with.

Good use of shape tweens and easing, btw. As a tiny tip, for cloaking, you can use a mask of a distorted version of the background. It's not a full warping effect like in-game, but it does look pretty nifty. ;]

This is the same Masquatto as the one that commented on the Steam forum, by the way (G-Mang).

Keep it up.

Bowja From His Cashle Bowja From His Cashle

Best Sprite Movie Ever

No question.

Broken Glazz Broken Glazz

Some nice visuals.

The first parts especially were good clips, but the quality seemed to decline for the middle parts (especially in terms of coloring--some of those gradients were very... iffy...).

One of the easiest things to fix that would've really added a lot, though, would be to ease more of your tweens. Especially when mixed with FBF, un-eased tweens look really artificial. :0

Keep up the good work. Good luck on trying to complete your projects. I know what it's like to never finish anything. :S

JazLyte responds:

There's an explanation for that, the first scenes were made fairly recently, and the middle was as far back as half a year ago. Thanks for the review.

TANK DICK TANK DICK

Especially in the beginning parts...

...you sound a lot like Seth Green. Has anyone ever told you that?

Abortion Shark is Hungreh Abortion Shark is Hungreh

I'm sorry, but...

This might be too awesome?

The writing is really funny, and I thought the visuals had some pleasant quirks. The best part for me, though, was definitely the voices. The wife and the shark, both absolutely perfect.

Two questions:
1) What's she doing in the abortion room? Going into labor or something?
2) What's the deal with that animation that goes when I press Replay?

Sticky responds:

1) Being scared. That's how I animate scared.
2) It was to make people send me meat in the browser based game KingdomOfLoathing.com but to this day no one is yet to send my anything :(

"The Mustache Contest" "The Mustache Contest"

Great Movie

I remember seeing this way back when and wondering where it went. For some reason, it refuses to show up in my favorites or when I search for it on NG (had to google to find it, finally).

Anyways, it's a really classic short. The characters are fun, the style is pleasant, and the writing is funny.

It is indeed quite bitchin'.

Shortpacked! Shortpacked!

I'm going to review this...

... so that when other people mention it to me, I can tell them I already knew about it.

yoghurt pants yoghurt pants

Strongly Underrated

I found this piece to be refreshingly eccentric. The atmosphere was lively and playful, the visuals fresh and alluring, and the audio suave and whimsical. It was a pure, enjoyable flash movie. My only qualm is that it felt too short. Keep it up.

Sweet Summer Break Sweet Summer Break

Not bad.

It was pretty good, as is most of your stuff. It was amusing and the visuals were pleasant enough.

In at least one recording, there was some noticeable static. Maybe forgot to noise removal there or something.

I'm still waiting on your switch to masking for those blinks, btw. I remember giving that suggestion a LOOONG time ago. It'll look better and be easier to animate, so I dunno what's holding you back. Heh. If you need help or something, I could show ya, but I figure by now you probably know how to do it.
If you do finally switch to masking, I recommend making the masked part the eye pupils and white parts and actually having the eyelid behind it without the mask. That way, you could open the eyes with a single shape, and close the eyes by shrinking the shape.

Good luck to ya.

JKR responds:

Woops, I didn't notice the static at all. Yes, I sometimes forget the noise removal when I'm recording a whole cartoon. Do you know what line?

I see you're my "blink suggestion" guy. I always remember you specifically when I submit things to Newgrounds, you know. Figuring you'll show up and remind me, and I'll have to apologize again for not doing it! I just always have such trouble going back in to alter character models, because I'm so busy just doing the cartoons. Sorry! But I do still want to make it better, when I have the time. Could you explain it a little further to me? Maybe with a picture, if you have time? I can't seem to get the whole idea in my head, aside from just using a mask. If you don't have the time, that's okay, I'll try some things and hopefully it will work.

Glad you liked the cartoon, though, blinking aside. :)

Super Mario Hyadain Super Mario Hyadain

Generally Uninteresting

Most of the animation was either one of two things:
1. Reused multiple times in the movie
2. A still frame (somtimes in a single tween)
The lip syncing was horrible, and the character designs were so incredibly cliche that I thought I was watching a satire on anime itself until I'd actually watched most of it. Just because you're using Japanese language and influence doesn't mean you can't branch out with your style.
Overall, I found it repetitive and uninspired. I hope you try something new with your future projects. Good luck to you.